Thursday, July 25, 2024

KENDRICK SELLERS

Kendrick Sellers 603304 NLCI


In my life I have always stood up to racism. My father whom raised me Roy Howard Sellers Sr. Was from Rulesville, Mississippi, Sunflower County. He had to be hidden in a trunk of a car and driven out of town to Memphis Tennessee, he was accused of whistling at a white woman. The Descendants of Slaves, Estelle Sellers. When I was a kid the Ku Klux Klan came into the neighborhoods in Rockford Illinois and I stood up to them. I marched Proudly against the Unchecked powers of Racism. I have memories as a child that no child should ever see. My Father Roy H. Sellers Sr. Born 12-25-51 yes Christmas Day. Was a good man, a wise man. Who Graduated Parker Highschool in Chicago Illinois Top of his Class who was  then sent to fight a SECRET war coined Operation Menu. I remember I used to take my dad to see the Psychiatrist and he used to try and get my dad to tell him about Operation Menu but my dad always said he didn't know what he was talking about. At one of the sessions he told my dad "they changed the law" you can talk about it now! Tell me about the SECRET mission. My dad turns to me and says "son I ever spoke about any secret mission" I replied " no sir you have not " then the psychiatrist says to my dad "I know you were sworn to secrecy Mr. Sellers" but I assure you you can talk about it now. My dad replies "you said Secrecy? Well if I was sworn to secrecy then that's what'll be". My dad took that to his grave despite the government covering up the Operation and changing all of the soldiers papers and not providing all of his pension. He still Kept their SECRET. I searched high and low for any published books or anything on operation menu. None existed. I found a scholastic news article in prison about how to write newspapers and low and behold I saw Operation Menu. It was coined Operation Menu because their was 6 targets and the targets' code names were "Breakfast" "Lunch" "Supper" "Dinner" "Snack" "Desert"

The reason I write this is that I'm proud to stand up to racism in prison by the children's of those who wore the sheets over their heads in our neighborhood and those who forced my forced my father out of town.

May God Rest His Soul, Roy Howard Sellers Senior  12-25-1951--06-07-2009

 

If I learned anything in prison that was useful. At least I learned that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First look

  Below are some of the prisoners posted here; look at the side bar to this blog and you will see prisoners listed by last name. Under that ...