Saturday, July 13, 2024

Nicole Pergande

Nicole Pergande555978 TCI
Speaks for many

This is taken from a letter by NICKOLE PERGANDE (555978) .on the tablet and conditions in TCI.

I'm not  certain If you've been alerted to the recent update pertaining our tablet situation within the DOC? The DOC is taking a stance that all of our personal music and games that we purchased and own will not be  “compatible” with our new tablets.. And if we cannot sync our current tablets with the kiosk systems prior to the” upgrade”- alI will be lost.

    What I know is this: we purchased all music and games individually when the tablets first became available; therefore all these individually purchased items should fall under the” grandfathered” property items. Either the DOC must Grant access for us or refund every person's money to them for each individual song and or game purchased.( even if it must be at depreciated prices)  

  Another thing I do know is  that the only two place to “hurt” The DOC  is through its bank accounts. I can't ever imagine the USC being forced to give any sort of payment to an inmate. plus both Florida and Missouri DOC won their same fight so the way has been paved. Have you heard of anyone picking up the reins for this legal fight? if so, how can we join here.. or will we be automatically include all inmates in the Wisconsin DOC?

The prison here is taking a stance that no person will be allowed to utilize the  law Library without a case number. I have actively been trying to help those who are filing(we don’t have a law librarian) including the education director and education counselor that legally they cannot stipulate who can use the law library. Yet those who have cases with deadlines looming will get their first dibs. The law( federal Eighth Amendment) is very clear that withholding the courts from us is illegal( unconstitutional).

   At the end of the day my prison is not overly happy that I am not a sheep. No I don't conform and submit into the likes of what the DLC expects and wants. This is for inmates to be sheep. Myself am an  alpaca standing in the field of sheep with a placard around my neck that says”I am not a sheep.”

   I ask questions. I understand the policies and procedures that are supposed to hold persons including inmates and staff accountable. Yet much of the staff believes they’re above them. I say this because the number of Staff members who are not fans of mine grows only because I have named them by name when accountability is necessary. My access to the library has been severely limited. I have been allowed a total of 13 hours of research time and time to write my motions.. that's it.

In a nutshell, I'm a person who has stood up against bullies. No I don't pick up every cause for the sake of needing to hold on to something. When I am personally affected and poked and I puffed up like a blowfish; research; get my ducks in line and fight them for what is correct and accurate. please let me know if I can help with anything.

Theodore Roosevelt once said ”speak softly with Carrie a big stick”  I say “speak softly and carry a bic pen”



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First look

  Below are some of the prisoners posted here; look at the side bar to this blog and you will see prisoners listed by last name. Under that ...